Security Shutters & Gates
Our shutters are proudly South African and fashionable, not to mention robust and aesthetically pleasing. Available in a wide selection of colours and installation styles to secure your home, office or entertainment space.
SECURITY SHUTTERS & GATES
- We are proud to introduce our custom designed FortiShield™ Aluminium Security Shutters (FSSS) – the ultimate solution in design and safety.
- Our production team have proven the robust quality, stability and security of these 100% locally manufactured shutters, combining strength and elegance.
- Our FSSS are the only shutters in South Africa with a choice between secure shutter stiles and frames in either aluminium (Premium FSSS) or powder coated pre-galvanized steel tubes (Standard FSSS) – both versions fitted with extruded 90mm aluminium adjustable louvres.
- Two different lock options are available – either a single or a double-sided lock (last mentioned locking from both the inside and the outside of the shutter).
- The FSSS is manufactured with hardware from an international company with nearly 60 years’ experience in sliding systems.
- These shutters will not warp, crack or peel and they are also not inclined to rust and are therefore ideal for indoor or outdoor use (entire aluminium construction for outdoor application, especially at the coast, is always recommended, otherwise corrosion will most likely set in quickly).
- The powder coating contains UV-treatment, and therefore these shutters will also not fade easily.
- FSSS can be fitted reveal (inside an opening) or face fit (in front of an opening).
- These shutters are suitable for windows, doors and patios. They are ideal for dampening sound, controlling sunlight and temperature as well as for privacy control.
- A clear, open view through the shutter louvres is guaranteed with the tilt lever (used to tilt the louvres open and close) being on the side, making sure it does not hamper your panoramic view.
- FSSS is available as the “normal”, hinged cottage style in a frame, open and close type shutters; but can also be ordered as bi-fold; bi-pass and slider shutters.
- Being strongly aware of the fast pace and clear deadlines in our industry, we try our best to stay within a 3-5 weeks lead time.
- We proudly guarantee our FSSS for a period of 10 years.
- Complete blocking out of light can never be guaranteed 100% and some light may still filter in depending on the application of the shutters.
- For more detailed information and advice on our FSSS or other Security Products (such as Clear View Safety bars; burglar bars; safety gates; etc.), please contact Marlon Thomas at our Cape Town offices (Aluvert Blinds Cape CC) on 082 969 3271 (cell) or 021 930 8112 / 3 (office).
Security Shutters & Gates
- Colour Accuracy Policy:
Although we do our best to make sure that the colours printed on our web site are accurate, actual colours will vary. In addition, subtle colour differences and textures may not be fully appreciated on some systems due to differences in monitors and/or display cards. Due to the fact that our products are all custom made, and can’t be returned, you need to be sure that you can live with any colour variations that are possible from our scanning of the actual samples. If an exact colour match is required, then please request a sample before placing your order. Once you receive your sample, keep in mind that all samples may still have minimal colour variations as stated by the manufacturers.
Blinds are used universally as fashionable, effective and stylish window coverings. We can manufacture a blind for nearly every type of window, since our blinds are custom-made to fit your unique window space. Our products are suitable for residential, commercial as well as industrial spaces.
We assist interior designers and decorators, architects, developers and other roll players in the market to give the end user the perfect finish. Our blinds beautifies the windows of thousands of homes, offices, hospitals, hotels as well as large commercial developments and many more.
Our product range
Our blinds come in different styles such as venetian, vertical, roller, double roller, roman, dual vision and panel blinds. We offer a wide variety of fabrics and materials in various colours, shades and textures from which you can choose according to the style statement you want to make in your home or business. Expensive, luxurious, elegant, sophisticated and motorized, or more affordable and manually operated, but just as stylish and fashionable.
Our product range also includes elegant, stylish, strong and custom-made security shutters and aluminium security gates.
Representatives country wide
Over time we have developed an extensive wholesale network servicing many parts of South Africa, a few neighbouring countries, Seychelles, Mauritius as well as other parts of the world.
Local & imported materials
Many of our best selling products are proudly South African and we collaborate with leading manufacturers locally and internationally in sourcing the best quality products at affordable prices.
Maintenance & repairs
Depending on damages sustained, broken or damaged blinds can easily be repaired or their components (e.g. mounting brackets, individual slats, tilting mechanisms, cord locks, valance clips, cords, cloth tape and ladders, etc.) can easily be replaced.
Why choose blinds
Blinds are mostly easy to install, they are perfect for controlling the amount of sunlight, and many types are easy to clean and maintain. This type of window covering is a sturdy and durable product and have an affordable range of prices across a wide variety of styles, colours, fabrics, textures, etc. While saving space, a window blind always elegantly round of any interior while clearly defining your style and flair.
We offer motorized venetian blinds with a SOMFY motor on the 50mm wide slats with a minimum blind width of 700mm (this is the length we need for the motor and components). We also offer motorised roller blinds with a SOMFY or RAEX motor with a minimum width of 800mm (this is the length we need for the motor and components).
Professional is always better
Depending on the fit and location of where blinds need to be installed as well as the correct application of the type of blind, it is mostly an easy job. If you are not an accomplished DIY person, though, rather allow a professional person to measure and install your blinds. The difference between DIY and making use of a dedicated professional, will definitely show in the end! The responsibilities of correct measurements, advice and installation will rest on the shoulders of the chosen professional.