Our company stands for
Affordable Quality / Service Excellence – Our Guarantee!
Our dedicated and experienced team members work extremely hard every day to beautify your home or business.
We specialise in servicing the blinds manufacturing trade with fabrics and components of the most popular and trendy blinds in the world. Some of our fabrics and hardware are South African products, while others are sourced from abroad.
We are constantly researching the latest trends and developments in the industry worldwide. Furthermore we stay informed about the leading contributors in the market for acquiring the highest quality materials at the most affordable prices.
The Blinds Factory is situated in Stilbaai, a beautiful coastal town in the Western Cape Province, South Africa. Stilbaai is sprawled along both sides of the Goukou River and surrounded by the unique indigenous fynbos of the Garden Route.
Manufacture, Distribute, Install
We manufacture and distribute custom made interior blinds; interior and exterior security shutters and other security products. Our interior blinds come in a variety of styles, fabrics and colours to suit every budget and taste.
Our products are in demand all over South Africa, in neighbouring countries, Seychelles, Mauritius as well as in other parts of the globe.
In areas surrounding the factory we do installations as well.
In the Jongensfontein, Stilbaai, Riversdale and Albertinia area our local technicians assist with repairing (or replacing) damaged or broken blinds and components. This can also be arranged in other parts of the country through our nationwide distributors.
We clean Aluminium and Modwood Venetian blinds as well as vertical slats (vanes) by appointment. Prices vary according to the type and size of the blind. Please note that cleaning is done at own risk, thus, should the blind appear to be damaged after cleaning, we can repair them at an additional charge.
The Blinds Factory offers free, no obligation quotes in the Riversdale, Stilbaai, Jongensfontein and Albertinia areas. For other areas, please contact our offices for a Representative.
If you have a general enquiry or seek advice complete the form and we will get back to you ASAP.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Our production times are between 5 to 7 working days (depending on current workload already in the factory or possible inquiries from the factory on your order). This production time excludes courier/delivery time.
- We have representatives in most parts of the country. You are welcome to contact our office and we will gladly assist you with a few contact numbers of representatives in your area.
- Not everybody is in the position to take their own measurements or know how to do so and that is where the representative will assist you. The representative have our samples available with them on each visit and will assist and advise you on the type of blind, type of fabric or slatting and all other factors to consider for the best choice for each opening you would like to cover. The representative will take the measurements, provide you with a quote and will then also do the installation for you.
- We often have a sale on some of our products, so please contact our offices for possible deals.
- As mentioned earlier, the representative will assist you right from the start (with professional advice and choosing the right product and colour for your specific needs) to the installation of the blinds and after service. However, should you wish to order directly from the factory you may do so at your own risk of taking your own measurements and doing your own installation. We will provide you with courier cost to your location, or you are welcome to collect your order from the factory. All blinds are bagged and boxed, ready for delivery or collection.
- Under NO circumstances should you varnish the basswood blinds – it is already coated with a special varnish and applying liquid to the surface of the Basswood slat will cause this varnish layer to peel off.
- We do offer a cleaning service for Venetian Blinds and Verticals Blinds. Should you need to clean any other type of blind, please contact our offices to inquire regarding special cleaning methods.
- Please refer to the “How To Measure” section under each blind type on the website.
- Yes, you can choose any colour from our wide collection of Vertical or Panel fabrics or even spice up your Venetian Blinds, by mixing two or more colours in one single blind. You can even go as far as to customize your Venetian Blinds with a different colour ladder and cord or on 50mm Venetian Blinds using ladder tape (20mm wide ladder cloth) instead of normal ladder. So, use your imagination and make your inner feelings come alive.
- There is unfortunately no product that can completely prevent rust on metal surfaces. The use of silicone spray only allows Vertical or Panel Blinds’ components to operate more smoothly.