Double Roller Blinds
Take advantage of one single set of brackets and choose from an array of light filtering to delicate sheer fabrics in stylish designs, together with a complementing blockout colour, all in one window. You can show off your exquisite taste to your neighbour or have a fashionable interior – the choice is yours!
For added comfort, motorize your roller blinds!
DOUBLE ROLLER BLINDS
- A window covering is not considered just a piece of fabric for decorative and privacy purposes anymore – it has become a signature feature showing off factors such as the environment; ease of maintenance; energy saving; aesthetics and much more.
- The Double Roller Blind is a unique concept of 1 (one) single set of brackets (with still two separate tubes/headrails) that accommodates two separate working roller blinds in one window – giving you the opportunity of controlling light by dimming out sunlight during the day and insuring privacy at night.
- This means that one of the two blinds can be pulled up as required as each will have its own control chain on either left or right or on the same side.
- These double brackets are available in different colours, closely coordinated with the fabric of the different blinds.
- To utilize this unique and elegant product, combine any of the below fabrics and colour ranges (also referred to as Sheer Roller Fabrics) as well as the Screening and SheerWeave fabrics (see Roller Blinds colour range) with any of our vast range of normal blockout Roller Blinds fabrics. The below Sheer Roller fabrics can be used either in front of the blockout fabric or behind (closest to the glass), depending on whether you want your interior to look hip and fashionable, or whether you want your neighbours to admire your exquisite taste!
- NB! For a neat finish, always order the blind hanging in front as waterfall (meaning fabric for this blind will roll off from the front of the tube and not from the back of the tube, as normal).
- This beautiful range of Sheer Roller fabrics can also be ordered as single stand-alone blinds and not only as Double Roller Blinds.
- These blinds are affixed to a mill finish aluminium roller tube (either 32mm or 45mm outside diameter) into which fits a side control mechanism. By means of this side control mechanism and either a PVC or silver coated or stainless steel ball chain, the blind can easily be stopped at a desired position.
- An intermediate bracket can link two or more separate blinds, which reduces the space between two blinds with 10mm. When ordering an intermediate bracket, please add 5mm to the width of each individual blind.
- NB! This product must be installed completely level, otherwise the blind will roll up skew with one edge running into the bracket and fraying, no matter which type of fabric. Please make sure by using a spirit level whether the openings are indeed level.
- Blinds with long drops (especially narrow drops) could bow (bulge) in the middle and cup on the sides, similarly, wide blinds could also make bulges (like V-formations) from bottom to top. These are natural and NOT a factory fault!
Styles, Colours and Examples
Double Roller Blinds
- Colour Accuracy Policy:
Although we do our best to make sure that the colours printed on our web site are accurate, actual colours will vary. In addition, subtle colour differences and textures may not be fully appreciated on some systems due to differences in monitors and/or display cards. Due to the fact that our products are all custom made, and can’t be returned, you need to be sure that you can live with any colour variations that are possible from our scanning of the actual samples. If an exact colour match is required, then please request a sample before placing your order. Once you receive your sample, keep in mind that all samples may still have minimal colour variations as stated by the manufacturers.
Always use a metal tape measure and NOT a cloth one as these are known to stretch and thus be inaccurate. All blinds are made to specified measurements, therefore we, as the manufacturer, cannot be held responsible for incorrect sizes/dimensions given by the client. Faxed or emailed orders are thus preferred and NO verbal or telephonic orders will be accepted. All the sizes should be given accurately in MILLIMETRES. Blinds measurements must be PRECISELY FROM WALL TO WALL – we shall make the necessary deductions ourselves, except if you already know the blinds’ final dimensions in which case you must clearly indicate that fact, and that no deductions should be made.
- All measurements in mm
- Always work on the smallest measurements
- Measure where the blind will be installed in the opening (reveal / windowsill) – back (closer to the glass); centre (middle of windowsill / reveal) or front (closer to the edge of the windowsill)
- Always order WIDTH x DROP (HEIGHT) and not the other way around!
REMEMBER TO ALWAYS GIVE THE WIDTH FIRST, THEN THE DROP!
On a roller blind if you measure an existing old blind, measure from pin to pin of rod or tube (including the bracket set) which is called the pin-to-pin width. If you measure the cloth size or the width you wish the cloth to cover this must be specified as the cloth or fabric width.
Remember that the tube width with brackets will extend beyond the above explained fabric width. If a roller blind has to be placed on the outside of a window or behind a door it is always the safest to specify pin-to-pin width or fabric width to ensure that the glass section is covered completely by the fabric. Also remember to measure exact drop of blind. Do not add on fabric to cover the roll as this is done by us. Always specify on which side the control mechanism should be placed. The required components will be supplied for your DIY project. With roller and blinds also the width by height (drop), fabric range and colour or code, reveal, pin-pin (for rollers), fabric size (for rollers), face fit and control sides must be indicated on order. When measuring for face fit add ± 100mm for both width and drop.
Depending on the tube size used (either 32mm or 45mm as explained in the introduction) you will need a recess width of approximately 135mm for the 32mm double bracket and approximately 160mm for the 45mm double bracket, this for reveal fit (inside). The double bracket can however also be installed face fit (outside) which then means the bracket will be installed vertically and not horizontally (as with reveal fit).
For reveal fit we deduct as follows: on roller blinds we deduct 5mm off width and nothing off drop; on roman blinds we deduct 5mm off width and 10mm off drop, working to a tolerance of 3mm to 5mm. Remember to order correct blind size!!
To give your Roller Blinds a finished look, add Linea Valance.
Representatives country wide
Over time we have developed an extensive wholesale network servicing many parts of South Africa, a few neighbouring countries, Seychelles, Mauritius as well as other parts of the world.
Local & imported materials
Many of our best selling products are proudly South African and we collaborate with leading manufacturers locally and internationally in sourcing the best quality products at affordable prices.
Maintenance & repairs
Depending on damages sustained, broken or damaged blinds can easily be repaired or their components (e.g. mounting brackets, individual slats, tilting mechanisms, cord locks, valance clips, cords, cloth tape and ladders, etc.) can easily be replaced.
Why choose blinds
Blinds are mostly easy to install, they are perfect for controlling the amount of sunlight, and many types are easy to clean and maintain. This type of window covering is a sturdy and durable product and have an affordable range of prices across a wide variety of styles, colours, fabrics, textures, etc. While saving space, a window blind always elegantly round of any interior while clearly defining your style and flair.
We offer motorized venetian blinds with a SOMFY motor on the 50mm wide slats with a minimum blind width of 700mm (this is the length we need for the motor and components). We also offer motorised roller blinds with a SOMFY or RAEX motor with a minimum width of 800mm (this is the length we need for the motor and components).
Professional is always better
Depending on the fit and location of where blinds need to be installed as well as the correct application of the type of blind, it is mostly an easy job. If you are not an accomplished DIY person, though, rather allow a professional person to measure and install your blinds. The difference between DIY and making use of a dedicated professional, will definitely show in the end! The responsibilities of correct measurements, advice and installation will rest on the shoulders of the chosen professional.